MODEL QUESTION PAPER – II
1. Write short note on vulcanization of rubber
2. Describe the method of extrusion moulding.
3. What is aerobic and anaerobic oxidation?
4. Give the principle of reverse osmosis
5. What is boiler corrosion? Give causes.
6. What is anodising?
7. What are corrosion inhibitors?
8. Distinguish between primary and secondary cells.
9. What is biodiesel?
10. Outline the refractoriness of a refractory material.
11. (a) Briefly describe the important moulding constituents of plastics with functions and examples.
(b) Explain the principle instrumentation and applications of nmr spectrum.
12. (a) Explain the differential thermal analysis and its applications with an example
13. (a) Derive Nernst equation. Find out the PH of a solution in a hydrogen electrode half cell, which is coupled with a saturated calomel electrode. The emf of the combined cell was determined to be 0.223V at 250C.
(b) Explain the construction, working and applications of (i) H2 - O2 fuel cell. (ii) Ag Concentration cell.
14. (a) What are paints? Mention the important constituents, their functions with examples.
(b) Write notes on (i) Cathodic protection (ii) Mechanism of wet corrosion.
15. (a) Briefly describe the estimation of hardness of water by EDTA method.
(b) Explain the zeolite process for water softening.
16. (a) Explain the different steps involved in sewage treatment
(b) Write note on (i) Reverse osmosis (ii) Break point of chlorination.
17. (a) Distinguish between LCV and HCV.
(b) How will you determine the calorific value of coal using Bomb calorimeter? Explain briefly the proximate analysis of coal.
18. (a) Explain the manufacture of Portland cement.
(b) What are nanomaterials? Explain how nanomaterials are classified? Describe the manufacture of nanomaterials by Laser ablation method.