2. State Thermodynamics System?
3. what is control volume?
4. State Thermodynamics Equilibrium?
5. Explain the measurent of temperature using reference point (before and after 1954).
6. Explain the working of gas thermometer (const volume and const pressure) with near sketch?
8. Prove that energy is a Property of System?
9. A piston and cylinder machine contains a fluid system which passes through a complete cycle of four process. During a cycle the sum of all heat transfer is -170 kj.
The system completes 100 cycle permin. Complete the following table showing the method for each item and compare the net rate of work out put in kw.
Process Q(kj/kg) W(kj/kg) E(kj/kg)
a-b 0 2170 ______
b-c 21000 0 ______
c-d -2100 ______ -36600
d-a ______ ______ ______
THERMODYNAMICS MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS 2
PART A1. State and Derive Clausius Theorem?
2. State the Inequality of Clausius?
3. Prove the Equality of Clausius to Kelvin Plank Statement?
(a) determine the entropy increase of the universe.
(b) what is the minimum amount of work neccessary to convert the water back into ice at -5 c ?
Cp of ice is 2.093kj/kgk and the latent of fusion of ice 333.3kj/kg.
5. Three identical finite bodies of constant heat capacity are the temperature 300k,300k and 100k.
If no work or heat is supplied from outside.
What is the highest temperature to which any one of the bodies can be raised by the operation ofheat engines of refrigerators?
6. Two identical bodies of constant heat capacity are the initial temperature T1 .
A refrigerator operation between these 2 bodies until one body is cooled to temperature T2.
If the bodies remain at constant pressure and undergo no change of phase, show that the minimum amount of work needed to do this is W max=cp((Ti)'2/T2+T2-2Ti)