1. a. Design a regenerative comparator with upper threshold point= 0V and lower threshold point= -1V.
b. Derive the expression for frequency of oscillation of a triangular wave generator.
Design a triangular wave generator for a frequency of oscillation of 1KHz with a peak value of 5V. Assume ±Vsat= ± 14V.
2. a. Draw the circuit of voltage to current converter with grounded load and explain its operation.
b. State the limitations of an ideal differentiator. How are they avoided in a practical differentiator?
3. a. Draw the equivalent circuit of an opamp. List the ideal characteristics of an opamp.
b. Why is RE in an emitter coupled differential amplifier replaced by a constant current source?Draw the circuit.
4. a. Explain the ac characteristics of a practical opamp.
b. Explain the non ideal characteristics of a differential amplifier.
Derive equation for gain for practical differentiator. A practical differentiator attains 0dB gain at fa=100Hz and maximum gain at fb= 1KHz. Design the differentiator and draw the expected
c. Derive the equation for frequency of oscillation of a Weinbridge oscillator using opamp.
5. a. List the advantages of an instrumentation amplifier. Derive the equation for gain of aninstrumentation amplifier.
b. Draw the block diagram of the four types of feedback configurations for opamps.
6.a.Derive the expression for gain of Notch filter. Design a 50Hz Notch filter.
b. Explain the circuit of antilog amplifier. How can the effect of temperature be eliminated in the circuit?
7.a. Explain the working of Astablemultivibrator using IC 555.
b. Explain any two applications of PLL.
c. How is current boosting achieved using IC 723.
8.a. With the help of circuit diagram explain R-2R Ladder type DAC.
b. Explain the working of Dual slope ADC
c. List the disadvantages of weighted resistor type DAC.
9.a. With the help of block diagram explain the principle of working of PLL.
b. Design a current source using 7805 to deliver 0.2A current to a 22Ω, 10W load.
c. Explain Successive Approximation type ADC with the help of an example.