1. Explain any one method of SSB reception.
2. Write short notes on companded SSB.
3. Calculate the bandwidth for an FM system if the maximum frequency deviation is 75KHz and the modulation frequency is 15KHz.
4. Explain the principle of double conversion receiver.
5. Describe the working of a Double balanced modulator.
6. Explain the balanced modulator-filter of generation of SSB.
7. With necessary derivations, explain how the choice of frequency of the RF oscillator affects the output spectrum in the third method of SSB generation.
8. Compare and contrast AM and FM systems.
9. Explain the principle of AGC circuit.
10. An AM broadcast receiver has an IF of 465 KHZ and is tuned to 1000 KHz, and the RF stage has a tuned circuit with a Q of 50.
Find (a) image frequency (b) image rejection in decibels.
11. Describe phase modulation.
12. Derive the equivalence between FM and PM systems.
13. Write short notes on De-emphasis.
14. Summarize the basic call procedures in a telephone system.
15. Write short notes on digital phase modulation.
16. Describe the indirect method of generation of FM.
17. Describe the principles of varactor diode modulators and transistor modulators.
18. Describe the working of a Foster-Sealy discriminator.
19. Write short notes on Automatic frequency control and amplitude limiters.
20. Explain the principles of cordless telephones.