1) Explain the following with neat diagrams
a) Ripple carry adder.
2) a) Explain the R-type instruction format in MIPS with example
b) Decode the given machine code (00AF8020)16 to MIPS assembly code
3) a) Explain how floating point numbers are represented in computer’s memory?
b) In the following code segment, f, g, h, i, and j are variables. If the five variables f through j correspond to the five registers $S0 through $S4, what is the compiled MIPS code for this C statement? If ( i = = j ) f = g + h; else f = g – h;
4) a) Explain any 4 addressing modes of MIPS with examples
b) What are Exceptions? How they are handled?
5) Explain the datapath for add instruction in MIPS in single clock cycle implementation with neat diagram.
6) a) Explain the steps for executing a program.
b) With the help of diagram and necessary control signals, explain multicycle implementation scheme for R- type instruction.
7) Draw the structure of memory hierarchy and explain different types of memories.
8) Explain how a virtual address is translated into a physical address in virtual memory.
What is the role of TLB in address translation?
9) a) Explain the various I/O accessing techniques
b) Explain the different mapping techniques in cache