GATE 2020 Application Form – IIT Delhi has released GATE Application Form 2020. GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) is now live at appsgate.iitd.ac.in. To apply, candidates need to register at GOAPS. Once registered, application form of GATE 2020 opens. In it, enter personal, education, contact, experience, upload images, and pay fee. The amount of GATE application fee is Rs. 1500 (Rs. 750 for SC / ST / PwD / Transgender / Females). Amount can be paid online.
GATE 2020 Exam Dates & Schedule:
GATE 2020 Registration Process (Online)
3rd September 2019 (Tuesday)
GATE 2020 Registration Process: Last Day
24th September 2019 (Tuesday)
Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website)
1st October 2019(Tuesday)
Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)
15th November 2019 (Friday)
GATE 2020 Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)
3rd January 2020 (Friday)
GATE 2020 Examination
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
1st February 2020 (Saturday)
2nd February 2020 (Sunday)
8th February 2020 (Saturday)
9th February 2020 (Sunday)
GATE 2020 Result
16th March 2020 (Monday)
- IIT Delhi is the organising institute for GATE 2020.
- Information website for GATE 2020 is http://gate.iitd.ac.in
- GATE 2020 will be conducted on 25 subjects (also referred to as “papers”).
- Examination for all the 25 subjects (papers) will be conducted as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using a virtual keypad. Rest of the questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. The Candidates will use ONLY an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination.
- A candidate can appear only in ANY ONE paper of the GATE examination.GATE 2020 examinations will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions on 1st, 2nd, 8th& 9th of February 2020.
- Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2020 may be held in multiple sessions.However, a candidate can appear for the examination in one session ONLY.Exact details of the complete examination schedule will be notified later on the GATE 2020 website.
- Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode ONLY at GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The link will be made available on GATE 2020 website http://appsgate.iitd.ac.in).
- The entire process of filling up of the application form and uploading of certificates/ documents, etc. is in online mode only. The candidates should not send any hard copy of his/her application form/documents etc. to IIT Delhi or any of the zonal GATE offices.
- The payment of application fees is through electronic mode.
- The Admit Cards for GATE 2020 would be available only on GOAPS website. Candidates can download their Admit Card from GOAPS website. No printed copy of the Admit Cards will be posted to the candidates.
- The candidate has to appear at the GATE Examination Centre on the date and time specified in the Admit Card.
- No request for any changes in the Centre or Date/Time specified in the Admit Card will be entertained. Similarly, this being an examination body with certain constraints, candidates needing very special or specific facility for the examination may not be entertained. Hence, candidates are requested to adhere to the facilities that are possible within the ambit and resources of GATE Examination Body..
Use of GATE score for Employment
In the past, several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE scores to shortlist the candidates for employment. A few such organizations are: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL),
Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Oil Corporation LimiteJU8d (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCI). Direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central government, i.e., Senior Field Officer (Tele),Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, is now being carried out on the basis of GATE score. The details of the scheme of recruitment are normally published in National Newspapers/Employment News/Rozgar Samachar by the concerned authority.Some other Government of India Organizations have also expressed their interest to utilize GATE 2020 score for their recruitment purpose.